On Friday, 13th October, the whole school took part in the Harvest Mass in church. The pupils led the Mass, reading both the readings and the bidding prayers. Our School Council read the bidding prayers and the staff prepared a beautiful display of produce kindly donated by both parents and staff. All the donations are being given to the local Food Bank, who are collecting the gifts next week.
This was the first time our Reception children had come into Church with the rest of the school and Year 6 have to be commended for being such excellent role models during Mass. They sat with each pupil ensuring they knew what they needed to do during the Mass.
Our thanks to all the staff who prepared the Mass and displayed the produce in the Church.
1. For farmers, fishermen and all who work to put food on our tables, that they may see the creator’s hand at work in all that they do. Lord, hear us.
2. For those who process our food, transport it and serve it for us, that they may know their role in God’s plan for the world. Lord, hear us.
3. For people who suffer from hunger and thirst in many countries, that those with plenty to eat and drink may never fail to share. Lord, hear us.
4. For the members of our community who are in any kind of need, that we may make God’s care known through our words and deeds. Lord, hear us.
5. For the dead, for all who have passed on since last year’s harvest, that they may share joyfully in the banquet of heaven. Lord, hear us.
6. We take a moment’s quiet prayer for our own particular needs of today: Lord, hear us.