Banner photo

Banner photo
This is a nurturing environment where children, staff, parents and governors know each other and share a common understanding of the School’s purpose – to ‘aim high’ and through shared understanding of Gospel values, ensure that the potential of every child is fully achieved. Our children are happy, sociable, well-behaved and value our diversity, which enriches everything we do. We are recognised as ‘outstanding’ by the local authority and are confident this will be endorsed at our next Ofsted inspection.

Sunday, 25 June 2017

Year 1 Library Visit

The more that you read, the more that you know. The more that you know, the more places you will go.
Dr Suess

The Year 1 students went on a wonderful class trip to the Brockley Community Library.

Whilst we were at the library, we had a member of the Lewisham Library staff come and teach us about Fiction and Non-fiction books. We also got to pick a book for them to read to us. We picked a non-fiction book because we wanted to learn facts about road safety. After that, we were able to explore the library and pick our own books to borrow. We are very excited about the Summer Reading Challenge and can’t wait to start reading!

Thank you so much to the parents who came and helped on the day.

Thoughts from the Year 1 Children

‘I liked seeing all the different books at the library because I love reading,
Karlah

‘I like the man who read us a special book and being safe on the road. He was funny!’
Elann

‘I liked when Juan taught us the difference between non-fiction and fiction books. I like the read horrible history books because they are funny and teach me things.’
Emmanuel

‘I really liked getting to pick my own book and getting to read it with my friends back at school.’
Solange