Various workshops were organized such as personal safety, bus safety, first aid, the dangers of smoking, dog awareness, road safety and tube safety. All of these workshops were designed to build awareness and inform. Personal safety included a challenge that all the children passed. The fire safety workshop built up knowledge, on what to do and not to do if a fire breaks out in the home. All of the pupils were given useful information such as:
- The Fire Brigade is expected to arrive within five minutes of a fire starting.
- Don’t stroke a dog without asking the owner.
- In first aid we learnt DRAB danger, response, airway and breathing.
- To use a Zip card on the Tube it is 80p for a single journey any other journeys, the maximum you will be charged is £1.80.
- Do not go with strangers, know who safe people are.
- I am more valuable than my phone, if someone tries to take my phone, give it to them.
Year 6 send a big thank you to Lee Fire station and all the agencies involved in putting this event together. Thank you also to all staff that accompanied our pupils on this educational visit. Last but not least thank you to Year Six for being worthy Ambassadors of our school.