Banner photo

Banner photo
This is a nurturing environment where children, staff, parents and governors know each other and share a common understanding of the School’s purpose – to ‘aim high’ and through shared understanding of Gospel values, ensure that the potential of every child is fully achieved. Our children are happy, sociable, well-behaved and value our diversity, which enriches everything we do. We are recognised as ‘outstanding’ by the local authority and are confident this will be endorsed at our next Ofsted inspection.

Friday, 7 October 2016

Genny Jones inspires Year Six

On 3rd October, Year Six was privileged to welcome Mrs Genny Jones, who came into the School as part of the ‘Inspiring Futures’ programme which arranges for volunteers to come into primary schools to talk about their careers and the choices pupils have.

Genny is an accountant, entertainer, published author and life coach.  She spoke to Year Six about her career and life choices, including her time on ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.

Here are some observations from our pupils about Genny Jones's visit to the School: 

“I enjoyed Mrs Genny Jones coming into our school.  I have taken on board everything she said and I’ll always remember what I learnt today.”

“I found all of her jobs really interesting.  I hope other children will be as lucky as me and meet someone like Mrs Genny Jones.”

“When you can picture yourself in your mind doing it, then you are able to do it.  You shouldn’t let your dreams just be dreams; you should never say “No” to yourself. You should always say “Yes I can” and always believe in yourself.”

“I found Mrs Genny Jones inspirational.  She helped boost our confidence.  She also helped me realise that I should be more confident in myself and I should be brave.”

“She was very inspiring and I felt inspired that I could, in the future, own my own catering business.”

“Mrs Genny Jones visiting us made me feel more confident and she made me think about life and what I want to become in life.”

‘”When I grow up I would like to be a financial businesswomen.  To do that I must do well and focus on maths because I will be dealing with money.  Mrs Genny Jones taught me that I should never give up . . . that I should be confident in everything I do.”

Thank to 'Inspiring Futures' for running such an excellent programme that enabled us to invite Mrs Genny Jones to our School.

Sally Saunders
Head Teacher