The Governing Board is pleased to welcome Éireann Sharpe and Joice James Pallickamyalil as our two new parent governors. For those of you who don't already know them, Éireann is a Reception parent and Joice James a Year 1/Year 4 parent.
The two parent governor vacancies were advertised to all parents on 15 January, along with the personal qualities and skillset required. At the deadline, noon last Friday 22 January, the above two valid nominations had been received. This meant that no election process was required and the two nominees have been duly appointed.
The Governing Board is made up of 14 governors (see information tab above) and its main functions are:
- to set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the School
- to hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the School; and
- to oversee the School’s financial performance
Amongst other things, Governors are expected to:
- undertake the necessary training to become an effective Governor
- attend 2-3 Governing Board meetings each term (held 7.00-9.00pm on weekday evenings) and read the agenda papers thoroughly in advance
- undertake monitoring visits to the School and to participate in School events
- take a lead on aspects of the Governing Board’s work (e.g. become maths link governor)
- adhere at all times to the Governors’ Code of Conduct and take joint responsibility for the decisions of the Governing Board
- ideally bring relevant, transferable skills from their own work or other experience.
Éireann and Joice James both have excellent skills and experience to complement what we aleady have within the Governing Board.
The Governing Board looks forward to inducting and working with its new members!
Chair of the Governing Board