Every parent/carer of pupils at the School, and all staff and governors, are full members of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
We need parents to volunteer to become Committee members to help organise fundraising and fun events for the children and the school. Please remember that any money raised by the PTA is for the benefit of children at our School, including yours!
The aims of the Association are:
- To maintain a close liaison between parents and staff.
- To support the Catholic ethos of the school.
- To further the welfare, education and interests of the pupils, provided that it be understood that the Association as such has no part in the administration and management of the school.
- To promote social and fund-raising activities amongst the members for the benefit of the pupils.
- To strengthen the links between the school and the local community.
We currently have a Chairperson and Secretary but need a Treasurer and active Committee members in order for the PTA to continue its essential work.
The Treasurer should maintain a record of all income and expenditure. The Treasurer is responsible for handling the money raised at events, making approved payments and making arrangements for counting of money at events.
The Treasurer should report on the current financial position at each committee meeting and this should be recorded in the minutes. The report should include an update on any income and expenditure since the last meeting and the current balance. The Treasurer operates the bank account, reconciles the bank statements and liaises with the bank regarding changes to the bank mandate and list of authorised signatories. In reality this post is simple to fulfil and requires very little of your time. It is only after a PTA event that you will need to be in school to count the money raised.
Please give your name to Mrs Waite or Mrs Dawson in the School Office if you would like to take an active part in helping the school by becoming a member of the PTA Committee.